Then tenet of the foundation is to provide funding support for giant panda and rare and endangered animal protection and breeding research, facilitate the ex-situ and in-situ conservations of giant panda and rare and endangered animals and push forward the sustainable development of wildlife protection. All the funds will be used for:
(1) Funding the captive breeding of giant pandas and other rare and endangered animals, population establishment and scientific research – related programs.
(2) Funding document and literature editing and publication, academic exchange, scientific research cooperation, talent training and public education in accordance with the foundation tenet.
(3) Funding public education of, education research on and exchange program of giant panda and rare and endangered animal.
(4) Funding giant panda wild-release program.
(5) Funding other programs in line with the foundation tenet.